This is the website privacy & cookies policy for Knightrider Motor Company Ltd t/a Marshams. Knightrider Motor Company Ltd (defined in this policy as we/us) take your privacy seriously and are fully committed to handling the information we collect from you in a secure and responsible manner and adheres to the guidelines published in the United Kingdom Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018.
- What information is collected from you through our trading website/s
- How the information is used and consent
- With whom the information may be shared
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information
When you register with the/our website you may be asked for the following details:
- E-mail address
- Contact telephone number
- Further vehicle information regarding vehicle sales and duty of care
We will then keep your details safely and will not sell or rent your details to third parties. We will only share your information in the way described in this statement.
We will then keep your details safely and will not sell or rent your details to third parties and will only share your information in the way described in this statement.
Use of your data
Knightrider motor Company Ltd may pass your data to our select number of finance partners if you request details about car finance.
Knightrider Motor Company Ltd may use your personal details to contact you about news and special offers that we think may be of interest to you as part of the contractual and consent process.
If you wish to subsequently amend your consent, please e-mail the Data Manager at: email@example.com.
Please also use these contact details to let us know if you would like us to delete any information from your records and we will do so at any time.
Personal information, collection and retention
The use of our website/s will result in the organisation receiving information from you. This will be used in examples such as viewing vehicles or making online service bookings.
The organisation requires this information to provide our online services in order to book appointments or services at our dealerships. We will detail this information below.
To make an online booking for sales, service, mot or repair we require the following; Name, Address, E-mail Address, Telephone Number and Vehicle Information.
As part of our duty of care we will contact you with reference to service and MOT reminders.
Knightrider Motor Company Ltd may use your personal information for general marketing purposes as part of the contractual or consent process.
If you subsequently wish to amend your consent on general marketing, service and MOT reminders then please request that by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a written request to:
The Data Controller
Upper Stone Street,
If you search through our used car offers then we may store information on the vehicles searched for and your postcode that is used to personalise the results that are returned to you.
After booking a test drive or for the purposes of using a courtesy car as part of your service booking, we will require a copy of your driving licence in our dealership, which we will store as part of our data protection process, in case of any motoring offences that may occur.
Please be aware that if you call any of the dealerships owned Knightrider Motor Company Ltd that your calls may be monitored or recorded for training purposes.
When you visit our dealerships we use CCTV to monitor our premises in this event your image and your vehicle registration can potentially be stored for a period of weeks.
If you wish to obtain car finance as part of the requirements of purchasing a vehicle we will be required to collect further details for finance and credit search purposes. These are;
- Length of time at present address
- Previous address (if you have been at your current address less than 3 years)
- Date of Birth
- Full UK driving licence
- Marital status
This information will be passed to the finance provider and recorded on their finance system. Your personal information will be stored on your order form, which will be retained for 7 years after which it will be deleted.
Our data retention periods are reviewed on a regular basis and we will only hold your personal information as long as it deemed relevant for the required activity or as required for legal reasons or as stated in any relevant contract that we have in place with you.
Knightrider Motor Company ltd will contact you with reference to our duty of care for vehicle safety and warranty based compliance OR where there is a contractual reference for us to do so.
If you have agreed to receive marketing from us by form of consent you will have the option to select which form of marketing you would like to receive. You can choose to amend your consent to receive such marketing from us which you can do by written request or by sending an email to email@example.com who will change and remove the methods by which we contact you.
If you have agreed to receive marketing from us, we may inform you of new products available from companies within our organisation or third party partners.
The Data Controller Marshams,
88-90 Upper Stone Street,
We encourage you to use these methods to unsubscribe from our marketing services.
We track your movements on the website to analyse trends and public interest in our products and services, administer the site and gather information for aggregate use. The information we gather in this way is anonymous and is not linked to personal information from which you can be identified.
We share information within our group of companies in order, to offer you the full range of our services, but your personal data is not disclosed to any third parties outside without your consent. If you consent to a credit search with respect to a finance application then we will be required to submit your information outside of the group. This information will not be used for any other purpose other than to obtain a credit limit, which we will communicate, to you.
Safety and compliance
For warranty and product safety requirements contacts will be made to our customers from the warranty administrator.
You should be aware that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure although we will use our best endeavors to protect your personal data. We cannot guarantee the security of your data in transit.
After receiving your information we will use clear procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will never ask you to email your bank details, usernames, passwords, or ask you through an email or text for personal banking information.
If you suspect you have become a victim of fraud please report this instance to the police through 'Action Fraud' via the website www.actionfraudpolice.co.uk or by calling 03001 232040.
We would also recommend contacting the Information and Commissioners Office (ICO) via their website at www.ico.gov.uk
Access to information
You may request a copy of your personal information that the company holds about you at no cost. If you wish to access or update your personal information please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a written request to:
The Data Controller
upper Stone Street,
If you wish to remove any of the personal information the company holds please request this via email or writing to the above address.
Knightrider Motor Company Ltd will contact you to confirm the details of your request to be removed from our database, however, if you're specific personal information relates to carrying out a legal contract or for statutory compliance it may need to be retained.
If there are any concerns that we are not using your information in accordance with their processes and with legal precedence or you are not satisfied with our response to your data request that are made you can refer to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) at www.ico.gov.uk.
Knightrider Motor Company Ltd T/A Marshams Co. No. 4123991
Trading Names: Marshams
Registered Address: 88-90 Upper stone Street Maidstone, Kent ME15 6HD
Car contracts Britain Ltd t/a Millhouse, white water Co. No. 05248662
Trading Names: Millhouse or Whitewater
Registered Address: Unit 8 The Oak Trees Business Park, Orbital Park, Ashford, Kent, TN24 0SY
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to other members of our organisation as described above.
We may disclose your personal information to other parties in the event of:
- If we sell any of our businesses we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of the relevant business.
- In the event of a duty of disclosure due to compliance with legal obligation then your personal information may be shared.
- In order to enforce or to comply with our terms and conditions of use for non-compliance.
- Data may be shared with other organisations for purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In the event of a data-cleansing organisation being sourced under contract to ensure accuracy of data information.
- Use of live chat and phone calls your information may be collected and shared with our third party providers.
Cookies are small text files that we put in your browser to track usage of our site (to improve and enhance it) but they do not tell us who you are. Absolutely no uniquely identifiable information is stored in any of our Cookies.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a piece of data/text file that is placed in your computer's memory when you visit a
website. The information the cookie contains is set by our website's server and, depending on the
type of cookie, may be used each time you visit our website/s.
Cookies are widely used to make our website/s work, or work more efficiently for you, our guest, as well as to provide companies with information about traffic through the website.
Cookies are designed to remember things that you have done on a website in the past, which can include putting products in your basket, logging in, or clicking on links. This can save you time when you visit a website more than once.
Cookies can be used by our website/s in the following ways:
- To remember your preferences.
- To remember your password.
- To find out what the website doesn't do well and make improvements to it in future.
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook.
- To make personalised product recommendations, based upon your previous times you've
- visited our website/s.
- Make sure advertising on other websites is relevant to you.
- They can also help us to see how many people are visiting our website and which pages are the most popular (see 'Google Analytics').
This is a behavioral tracking service that shows us what pages people have visited, for how long and it what order. It also tells us whether people are using desktops or mobile devices to view the
website, and other helpful information. This data helps us find out what can be improved on the website and how important it is.
List of cookies
Here is a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for on our website/s.
Cookie name Cookie purpose
- ASP.NET_SessionId cookie This cookie allows our web servers to respond to your actions on the website such as "Get Your Sale Price" or browsing the website. The website wouldn't work for you without it.
- CONSENT Complies with the European Union (EU) user consent policy.
- _qca The qca cookie may use your "computer's IP address, pixel code, referring HTTP location, current HTTP location, search string, time of the access, browser's time, any searches made on our website, and other statistics" in order to "analyze Log Data from different websites and combine it with other non Personally Identifiable Information to produce the Reports that are made available on the Quantcast.com site, to enable web publishers and advertisers to deliver audience segments that are appropriate for their products or services."
- _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz These cookies enable the function of Google Analytics. This helps us collect and analyse visitor information such as browser usage, new visitor numbers, response to marketing activity and shopping times. That information helps us to improve the website and your shopping experience, and to make our marketing campaigns relevant.The data stored by these cookies can be seen only by the relevant teams at Knightrider Motor Company Ltd and Google and never shows any confidential information.
- _ga, _gid, gat_UA-nnnnnnn-nn These cookies enable the function of Google Analytics. They are set to both identify and throttle requests.
- IDE, 1P_JAR Google advertising cookies used for user tracking and ad targeting purposes.
- NID Google tracking cookie.
- PHPSESSID This cookie a reference to a session stored on the web server. No information is stored in the user's browser.
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE YouTube cookie which measures your bandwidth to determine whether you get the new player interface or the old.
- PREF YouTube cookie stores your preferences and other information, in particular preferred language, how many search results you wish to be shown on your page, and whether or not you wish to have Google's SafeSearch filter turned on.
- YSC YouTube cookie set on pages with embedded YouTube video
- id, uid Criteo cookies tracking ad campaigns and gathering information on compilation of layouts and colours used in dynamic banners. Please visit Criteo's privacy page for more information.
- mc This Quantserve/Quantcast cookie helps us to understand the characteristics and demographics of the people who visit our website. Please visit Quantcast's privacy page for more information.
- fr Facebook tracking cookie.
- calltracksData, calltracksGuid Calltracks' call tracking software allows businesses to track the online and offline sources of phone calls received by potential clients and customers, providing them with a better understanding of which keywords or additional marketing led to a phone call and which did not. The calltracksGuid cookie identifies users within our site, for uniquely identifying the visitor between page views. The calltracksData cookie is used to holds information about the source referring the visitor (e.g., Google or Bing), the Pay Per Click ad that the visitor clicked on (if applicable), and which phone numbers have been displayed to the visitor. Please visit Calltracks' privacy page for more information.
- salutation, firstname, lastname, useremail, userphone, postcode These cookies relate to dealer contact enquiry details entered and are used to speed up an individual's future enquiries by auto-filling contact forms.
- recent, compare, forecourt These cookies are set to display a user's recently viewed vehicles, a user's list of vehicles they wish to compare and a user's "forecourt" of saved vehicles respectively.
- dealer_contact, dealer_reminder, guest_contact, guest_reminder, calldrip_reminder. These cookies relate to settings for a "welcome back" message when you return to the site after contacting the dealer.
- caoPopInMode, popinCount These cookies are set by Contact At Once and relate to the state of the "pop in" element. Please visit Contact At Once privacy page for more information.
The additional cookies that run during your session will collate information regarding your computer in the form of server logs including where available your IP addresses, operating system, browser types regarding your systems administration.
This is for the purpose of statistical data, disabling cookies ensures that your IP address will not be recorded. You can update your cookie preferences in your browser settings. Please note that disabling cookies will ensure that your IP address will not be recorded.
We would request that the cookies are accepted, as they are used for:
- Customisation of the website layout and content.
- Recognition of when a user has visited and how many unique visits are received.
- Remembering your preferences and settings.
- Recognition of devices so as to not need to provide the same information on visits to the website.
- Identification of errors for resolution.
- Identification of what is relevant whilst browsing the website.
- Collation of statistical and anonymous information around the use of our digital services.
- Effectiveness of our website and online message.
The Websites associated with our group may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks.
In the event of you following these links, these websites will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
We would advise that you check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
The Websites associated with us may offer you opportunity to share or follow information about the business using third party social networking functionality; share this, like or follow buttons.
We offer this functionality in order to generate interest toward our website and services among members of your social networks.
You should be aware that sharing personal information within a social network may result in that being collected by the social network provider. This could result in that information becoming publically available in internet search engine results.
We do no exercise or endorse controls, policies or practices or any third party social network that you may access through our websites.
Jurisdiction - Data storage for use in the EU and other countries
We store your data on secured servers inside the EU. Most of our partner networks are mainly based within the EU but some are based outside.
We have a clear data policy in place regarding the submission of your personal information. This will cover consent to transfer, storing or processing your personal information and data.
In the event of this instance we will take steps to ensure that the required security measures are followed to protect data as per our data security policy.
You can read about the EU e-Privacy Directive and the UK's Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 at www.ico.gov.uk.